Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Scheduling

I think it is time I do some scheduling...including blogging more regularly!


Why did this come up? Well, I have been doing some deadline crocheting lately and not enjoying the pressure I put on myself. Crochet is supposed to be fun! That's when I realized that part of the fun is seeing the progress.


I considered doing the schedule a few ways:
1) A set amount of time to work each day.
2) A set number of inches.
3) A set number of repeats/rows.

As I thought about it I realized that #3 was my best bet. Why? Well, since I know how many rows it will take to finish the body of the pattern, I can predict on a calendar when it will be done. Very motivating!

So, this project now has a daily deadline of one pattern repeat (4 rows).


As of this evening I have completed row 52 and should be done with the body no later than Monday the 6th. The pattern is the Nostalgic Wrap by Kay Meadors, a baby blankie for one of my favorite co-workers. Her baby boy is due in June. The Bernat Baby Softee has a really soft texture which I just love.

How's your latest project coming?

2 comments:

Snot Head (a.k.a Kylie) said...

That does sound like a nice plan. In the few attempts to make things for other people that I have made, I always end up scrambling at the last minute to finish it. I always think I have more time than I really do. My most recent venture in procrastination made me an hour late for a baby shower because I was finishing up the booties! Right now I am working on my very frist ever real afghan from a pattern! It is coming along beautifully, and I am so confident in my crocheting recently. It is a fantastic feeling! Good luck with your project and your blogging more often, also. ;o)

Zu said...

That's a great plan. :-) I try to do that when I'm crocheting a blanket or something else large. I repeat....try. I don't always succeed. ;-)